11 YALE RD HAVERTOWN, PA 19083
- 3 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 1904 sq.ft.
Haverford Township was founded by Welsh Quakers in 1681 on land purchased from William Penn. The settlers named their new home after Haverfordwest, Wales, UK. The township is home to many historic sites. The Grange Estate, entertained the Revolutionary War figures George Washington and General Lafayette. Nitre Hall, along Karakung (Cobb's) Creek, supplied the United States with over 800,000 pounds of gunpowder during the War of 1812. Leedom Hall was the probable home to William Howell the founder of Haverford Mills which date from 1688. Other Havertown sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places include the Federal School and Lawrence Cabin. Coopertown, appears as early as 1848 as the first community and the earliest post office is found at the Spread Eagle Tavern at the junction of the present Eagle and Manoa Roads.
Information is supplied by seller and other third parties and has not been verified. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. Data may not be reproduced or redistributed and may not be used for any purpose other than consumers’ personal, non-commercial use. Copyright